Here's what we used:
- Acrylic Paint
- Elmer's Glue / Hot Glue Gun (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Paint Brushes
- Your Favorite Monogram (Holly used Interlocking & Sarah used Circle Block)
While we still love carving pumpkins, we realized that painting was faster (unless you are OCD like Sarah), cleaner, safer and more kid friendly (ie. there were no sharp objects involved and no sticky, pumpkin seed messes to clean up!) We did use trash bags to protect the table from paint, and even though we did all of our glittering outside, we are still finding glitter EVERYWHERE!
While we were painting, we starting talking about the various ways pumpkins could be used before, during and after the Halloween season. Here are a few creative ways to use pumpkins this season:
- Make an exfoliating face mask
- Bake a delicious Pumpkin Pecan Pie
- Make Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Use a smaller pumpkin to make Pumpkin Pie Potpourri (thank Martha!)
- Make Slow Roasted Pumpkin Seeds or Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
After you're done searching the Internet for every possible DIY pumpkin inspiration (I dare you to type in the word "pumpkin" in your Pinterest search bar....mind boggling), head to your local Starbucks and reward yourself with a Pumpkin Spiced Latte!
How are you planning on using pumpkins this fall?