Finally ready to step it up and invest in some quality make up brushes? If you aren't exactly sure which ones you need or are just looking to invest in a few start brushes - check out this blog post from Samantha at Subtly Fabulous! She has a great guide explaining her go-to brushes!
Knowing your make-up brushes is important when it comes to getting the look you want. Here are the 5 basic brushes I would suggest you have.
1. Liquid Foundation | This brush is the most important, and while others prefer a make-up sponge or their hands, I find you get the best results with the brush. It also does not waste as much of your foundation as a sponge does.
2. Powder | You want a good sized brush because you are trying to cover a lot of area. I mostly use powder to set my foundation so it is important to have a lighter, and fluffy brush to achieve this.
3. Blush | Some people prefer an angled blush brush, but I find that when you use one of those, it gives you a harsh line of where the blush ends. This even and larger brush allows you to have a more natural blush line.
4. Eye Shadow | For everyday wear, I don’t do anything fancy for shadow (if I wear it at all) so I prefer a medium shadow brush to simply sweep a single color on.
5. Angled Brush | This is used for smudging the liner into the lash line as well as creating a winged or cat-eye look. While I do not use this brush daily, it is a brush that is very useful.