Southern Sweet Tea8:30 AM
Hey y'all! I couldn't help but stumble upon this easy sweet tea recipe when I was scouring Pinterest. I love, love, LOVE sweet tea. It is my favorite drink ever, yet people up North never make it. I don't know why that is, whether they're scared they'll screw it up... or they are just too lazy to make it. I don't know. But this recipe is SO easy that they'll have absolutely no excuse not to!
Southern Sweet Tea Recipe
- 4 Lipton Family Size Tea Bags
- 4 Cups Boiling Hot Water
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 12 Cups of Cold Water
- Add Tea Bags to Water & Bring Water to a Boil in a Tea Kettle or Microwave.
- Pour Boiling Hot Water over the 2 Cups of Sugar and let sit around 30 min
- Add in 12 Cups of Cold Water to make 1 full Gallon
- Allow the Tea to Chill or Cool in the Refrigerator so that it doesn’t melt the ice.
- Serve over a tall glass of Ice on a Hot Summer Day!
Written by Savannah from The Lone Star Belle