Happy Wednesday! This week is both flying and crawling at the same time, if that’s possible. I’ve been trying to eat healthier lately, but it’s also SO HOT in Houston that just the thought of turning the stove on makes me sweat. I typically make a pizza or other fun dinner for myself on the weekend, but after laying out at the pool all day Saturday, I needed something light, but obviously still delicious and filling. So I decided to combine a citrus salmon recipe that I love with a homemade version of my favorite Salata salad. And it was so good I made it without the salmon for lunch until I ran out of kale.
Okay first we need to address this MASSIVE salmon plank. I asked for 4oz, and the little fishmonger just haphazardly whacked off a chunk, weighed it to get the price, and wrapped it up without noticing that it was 6oz. I’m fine with more fish, but I also had to pay more for it, which I wasn’t too pleased about. Also, it was so large that it just fell apart when I tried to plate it, so that’s why it looks kind of sad. But hey, I did the best I could and it’s delicious so that’s all that matters, right?
-3-4 large brussels sprouts, grated or finely chopped
-1 small granny smith apple, thinly sliced or diced
-1/4 cup cooked quinoa
-2 tbsp pine nuts
-2-3 tbsp goat cheese (feel free to go crazy here, I sure did)
-lemon vinaigrette dressing- I used Marzetti’s Simply Dressed Lemon, in the refrigerated section.
Here’s what you do:
1. First, prepare the salmon. It has to marinate for at least 30 minutes, so plan for that. ALSO cook it on a foil-lined pan, because I cannot tell you how long it took me to scrub the burnt honey off my pan.
2. Finely chop the kale and spinach and add to a very large mixing bowl.
3. Add the brussels sprouts, apple, and quinoa and toss.
4. Next, add the pine nuts, cheese, and dressing. Toss until everything is fully coated with dressing. I usually just pour my dressing over the top, but tossing your salad ensures every bite is tasty!
5. Serve your salad with your salmon on top, and enjoy!
What’s your favorite light summer meal? Let me know!
Welcome to The Monogrammed Life. We are passionate about Monograms, Beauty, Travel, Fashion and so much more. This blog is a place to find inspiration for your everyday life! Peace, Love and Monograms!