Cookies and Cream Cookies8:30 AM
work potlucks. all in favor - say I? I am a huge fan of work potlucks. they give me an excuse to bake things that I can not keep around the house due to my basically-non-existant-willpower. we haven't had a work potluck in quite some time, but we had one recently and of course, I wanted to try a new recipe. I thought about making these yummy pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies, and then I decided on the healthy route of broccoli salad [then realized it wasn't that healthy]... and then, I seriously finalized the decision with cookies and cream cookies.
maybe it's because I am a huge fan of the cookies and cream candy bars? I could just inhale those and I'm not even a packaged candy bar person. so yes, out with the broccoli and in with the cookies. let me just say that I have never tasted a cookie dough better than this one. people were flat out raving about these cookies, I even got a marriage proposal based on these cookies. I think this recipe may make it into my rotation of holiday cookies!
-1 vanilla cake mix
-8 T. butter, melted
-1 t. vanilla extract
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
-2 c. oreo cookie chunks (just break them with your hands, not a food processor)
-1/2 c. white chocolate chips
-1/2 c. chocolate chips
1. in a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla, and cream cheese. beat until a soft dough forms.
2. stir in the cookie chunks and chips by hand.
3. refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to an hour, more if you need to do so. roll into 24-36 balls.
4. place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. do not over bake. the cookies will seem under done, but will continue to cook as they cool.
5. let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes.
6. move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
adapted from brucrew life
Written by Lauren from Lauren Alford Design