Target has been killin it in the shoe department lately and when I was at the store last night, I saw so many pretty pairs I wanted to add to my collection! The great thing about Target is that their shoes are often very similar versions to more expensive designer pairs, so if you don't want to break the bank on a trendy style, Target is the place to go! I rounded up 3 styles that are super in right now from Nordstrom and then 3 similar versions from Target that are at awesome price points. I'm thinking I definitely need those buckle heels for $28!! How perfect would they be for college?!
I tend to wear red, white, and blue quite often (as seen recently in this post), but I always wear it on American holidays from Memorial Day through Labor Day. So here is a casual patriotic look I plan on wearing for Memorial Day. But could be worn whenever, this is probably something I would typically wear to class when I was it was warm out, although that wasn't very often in Erie, PA. But I just there for my graduation ceremony (you can read more about that here) and I already miss it again!
Now that I have graduated high school (pictures to come soon!!) and am officially on summer break, I have lots of free time on my hands. Last week I was busy with pre-graduation things but also had my fair share of moments with nothing to do (and if we're being honest, I really hate not being productive). It's so nice being able to get in some rest after the craziness of graduation, but I love the satisfaction of getting something done, even if it's something quick and easy. I've come up with 5 different things you can do in your free time that are fun but make you feel productive too!
+ Do a Youtube or Wii Workout Sometimes I'm bored and don't necessarily want to go to the gym, but am in the mood to shred a few calories. Something like Wii Zumba is so much fun and can be done in the comfort of your pajamas! I highly recommend checking out Youtube workout channels like Tone it Up, Blogilates and PopSugar Fitness if you want a quick workout whether it be abs, legs, arms, etc.
+ Go Through Your Clothes and Outfit Plan If I'm in a shopping mood but don't want to spend any money, I'll often go through my clothes and plan out new outfits I've never thought of before. Go on Pinterest for a little inspiration before and then snap pictures of outfits you put together so you have ideas when you're not sure what to wear!
+ Create a Bucket List Summer is quickly approaching and if you're like me, then you have an ongoing list of fun things you want to do in the upcoming months. Make a cute bucket list and hang it up somewhere you look often to remind yourself of activities you could do if you have a free day!
+ Organize Your Photos A few weeks ago I had nothing to do and decided to go through the photos I had printed at Walgreens over the past year. I organized them all and put them in a cute Lilly Pulitzer photo album, labeling each picture on the back. I love how I can go back years from now, flip through pictures and read a little description about every photo.
+ Give Your Bedroom a Facelift Spring and summer are the perfect time to freshen up your bedroom with some new accents. De-clutter, add some fresh flowers, maybe buy a new throw pillow or rearrange your desk positioning. Creating a gallery wall is a great idea too! You'd be surprised how fun it is to play interior decorator and do a few new things to your room.
What do you do when you have some extra free time?
it's a great day for a sneak peek!! I've mentioned it briefly a few times lately... we are in the process of buying a home and we close on june 1st. we are nearly overwhelmed with the amount of craziness that has passed and the craziness that is still to come, from packing to moving to buying new furniture. did I mention that I have a girls' trip planned in the middle of all this? genius move on my part since it means stephen will be doing lots of moving for us by himself. don't worry, I am definitely pulling my weight with the packing.
I just so happened to receive the cutest monogrammed dish towels from marleylilly and just had to show them off in my new kitchen, even though we haven't officially moved in! hehehe... sneaky, right. for any etiquette sticklers out there, I know, I know... rules dictate not to use your married monogram until you are married. but I just couldn't bear to order these pretty towels without my new monogram. I'll take my chances :)
how perfect are these towels in the kitchen? the black cabinets and the black font go beautifully. not only are they awesome in the kitchen, we have a small bathroom off the kitchen which is another perfect place for a monogrammed guest towel. I can't wait until we move in and I can actually add soap and some pretty flowers.
I couldn't help but go with black and white, but for you color lovers out there - marleylilly offers this towel in 12 colors and over 30 different monogram thread colors. so many ways to personalize and have fun with this as a housewarming gift, graduation gift, shower gift, the opportunities are endless! not to mention, this makes the perfect add-on as the price is right for just under $15. be sure to check out marleylilly.com for these monogrammed dish towels and much more!
this is my first week of being home after two weeks of straight travel, from jacksonville to dallas to newark. the easiest thing about packing for me is my travel toiletry bag. I leave my clear TSA-friendly bag under my sink all ready to go at any moment and over the years of both domestic and international travel, its contents have become tried and true.
and to be honest, this post is brought to you by an extremely loud elevator at a radisson inn in freehold, new jersey.
of course, there are the practical requirements such as a spare pair of contacts and antiperspirant, which are must-haves. BUT... the number one most-used item in my travel bag is earplugs. I find myself sleeping with earplugs in most hotels because, although I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, the sound of hotel air conditioning definitely wakes me up. and seriously, in my last hotel, the constant sound of the elevator was not unlike a steady freight train. I mean who can sleep through that? not me. so, let's get to it.
2. daily moisturizer, my fav is clinique oil-free
3. sunscreen for your face, oil-free for me
4. shampoo (in case you hate the hotel brand)
6. hairspray mini bottle
7. hair gel mini bottle (tame fly-aways)
8. baby powder (freshen up hair, for blondes)
9. eye cream
I've also recently started to travel with my clarisonic. I never used to travel with this but now it feels like a small luxury from home that I can't live without. yay, soft skin! a few other items that I always have in my bag are an extra hair band, razor, and tweezers.
for international trips, I throw in ambien and a selection of medicines from a travel doctor including a zpack. I actually throw in a lot extra for international trips because you have to consider that you likely won't be able to find even the over-the-counter medicine you may need. for example, while I never need tums at home - I would put them in my bag just in case. better safe than sorry... or sick. what are your travel must-haves?
I've noticed that shirtdresses have really gained popularity over the last year or so. I think they are such a nice silhouette, so feminine and classic. I love how the sleeveless versions have a dressy feel, and the long sleeved ones can be more casual. I plan on buying at least one before this summer is over. I think I would wear it to work and church quite a lot. So here are my favorites that are all priced under $100!
Happy Wednesday, Y'all! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite (what I consider "must have") items for a spring/summer wardrobe. I always try to build my wardrobe to be versatile to where I can dress each item up or down. I also try to make sure I purchase pieces that are easy to accessorize in a variety of ways. This way I won't grow tired of it as quick as I normally would. And lastly, I always try to buy a lot of mix and match pieces. my favorite places to shop are Nordstrom, ASOS (great for budget friendly shopping), J.Crew, TOPSHOP, Ann Taylor,Loft, Anthro, and I always love incorporating a few Lilly Pulitzer pieces into the mix as well 😊
Here is what I consider to be my essentials:
1. Sun dresses are a must have for my spring and summer wardrobe. Nine times out of ten, I will go for a dress and pair it with a pair of wedges. I always feel most comfortable in a dress. I'm currently loving this one and this one.
2. Denim jacket is a must have for me! I always enjoy wearing one when the weather is transitioning in the spring. And I continue to wear it into the summer at night sometimes if it's cool or in restaurants (I always freeze haha!). My very favorite one is this one.
3. Summer Bag. This Tory Burch Robinson Tote is amazing! It holds so much for both me and Madeline. I love it for this time of year because the color goes with everything! It is easy to clean off with a damp rag as well. Best part? It was just marked down to 40% off in this color!
4. A Trusty Pair of Sunnies. These sunnies are my all time favorite! I love the shape, and you can't go wrong with tortoise shell. This pair goes everywhere with me.
5. Long Necklaces. I love long necklaces that are colorful, and I especially love ones with tassels. This one is at the top of my wish-list right now. A fun necklace can make an outfit. They're especially ideal for the spring and summer.
6. Breezy Tops. I always like having several easy breezy neutral tops in my closet to pair with white denim and shorts. Of course I like having a few fun printed ones (like this one that I've enjoyed so much) as well. But this oneis a great option to pair with a lot!
7. A Pair of Wedges. I probably have way to many pairs of wedges. But I wear them with everything! I love to have neutral pairs along with some colorful ones too! I love this pair and have ordered them in two colors already. The platforms make them more comfortable to wear.
8. White Denim is a must have. This pair is my favorite!
9. Fun Shorts. I love having several pairs of fun shorts for spring and summer. I try to choose a combination of prints, patterns and solids with some fun details to them. I love these, these and these.