Recipe: French Toast Casserole8:30 AM
Every Christmas morning, my mom and I whip up a brunch for my family to enjoy after opening presents, and every year our favorite part is the french toast casserole. It's pretty easy to make, doesn't take a long time to prepare and is absolutely delicious. My brother has a bunch of food allergies so it's also free of milk, eggs and nuts (shoutout to all my vegan friends!). Check out how to make it and what ingredients you need below:
2 Tablespoons softened margarine (I used milk-free)
1 cup soy milk
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/8 cup dark molasses
1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1 (16-ounce) loaf of French bread, cubed
What you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat a 13x19 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine margarine, soy milk, corn syrup, molasses, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
4. Fold in the bread until all the liquid is absorbed and place in the prepared dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon.
8. Top with syrup, sugar or fruit.
I totally recommend this if you're in need of a yummy french toast recipe to have up your sleeve!
Have you ever made something similar?
Written by Caroline from Citrus and Style