Taco Pizza8:30 AM
we make homemade pizza at least once a week, usually with sautéed mushrooms and turkey pepperoni. stephen adds a ring of barbeque sauce around the crust, it's so good. last week, I decided to shake things up with a taco pizza.
it takes a bit more effort to pick up the lettuce, tomato, and doritos, but we happened to have some leftover ground beef that I didn't want to waste so I went for it. I love the sauce on this pizza, the refried beans add such a yummy element. it's an interesting, different taste that's really good and unexpected. the doritos add a bit of a crunch and the lettuce and tomato make it basically like eating a salad, right?!
-1 ball of dough, I buy the pre-rolled from publix
-1/4 c. pizza sauce
-1/2 can of refried beans
-1/4 c. taco sauce
-1 tomato, diced
-taco flavored doritos (nacho cheese is a fine alternative)
-1 lb. ground beef
-colby jack cheese
1. cook ground beef on stove top. drain and season meat with taco seasoning. preheat oven to 480 degrees.
2. meanwhile, toss and roll out pizza dough on round pizza pan. mix beans, pizza sauce, and taco sauce together in a small bowl. spread mixture on top of pizza, leaving space for the crust uncovered.
3. top sauce with mozzarella cheese, layer ground beef on top, and finish with a layer of colby jack cheese.
4. bake at 480 degrees for 10-12 minutes. remove from heat and let set for a few minutes.
5. top pizza with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and crushed up doritos. slice and enjoy!
Written by Lauren from Laurensparkle.