Sip, Sing, and Swing your way to Spring11:30 AM
Well, I don't know about Ya'll, but all of us over here at Marley Lilly can't stop day dreaming about warm weather, yummy sips, fun sings, and inevitable swings
Let's be honest, snow is fun (if you ever get it), but there is nothing better than throwing a fruit in your drink, turning the music up, and doing the spring fever dance!
So to get you all on our page, I have found some great recipes for the perfect spring drinks, that will help you and your friends enjoy all the Spring showers and May flowers!
First up we have Lavender Lemonade.....
- 2/3 c. fresh lemon juice, ~5 lemons
- 3 1/3 c. filtered water
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut nectar, (substitute: equal parts any sweetener)
- 8-16 lavender sprigs- depending on how lavender-y you want it, 8 is barely, 16 would be on the pungent end
- squeezed lemon, garnish
- lavender sprigs, garnish
Juice the lemons over a strainer to collect the seeds and pulp. (I used a 4 cup measuring cup to prepare, it worked great.)
Add the sweetener and mix to dissolve. Fill the rest of the way with water and add lavender. Let sit for at least an hour to enjoy lavender flavor, or serve immediately for lemonade with a pretty purple garnish.
Serve in a small glass filled with ice. Garnish with lemon and lavender.
Recipe courtesy of The Talking Kitchen
- 5 cups cubed seedless watermelon (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup vodka
- Cucumber slices, for garnish
- Set a large fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher. In a food processor or blender, puree watermelon. Pour watermelon puree through sieve, pressing on solids with a rubber spatula (you should have about 2 cups juice). Puree English cucumber and pour through sieve into watermelon juice.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir together lime juice and honey. Add to watermelon and cucumber juices, along with vodka. Adjust sweetness with more honey if desired. To serve, fill four glasses with ice and top each with cocktail. Garnish with cucumber slices.
Last up on our Spring sips is Peach Lemonade....
Ingredients:4 cups water2 cups coarsely chopped peaches
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice (about 4 to 6 lemons)
1 peach, cut into wedges
Mint for garnishment
* Just add Peach schnapps to "juice" it up*
In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the first 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes. Place peach mixture in a blender and let sit for at least 20 minutes before blending. Remove the center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape) and cover the top with a clean dish towel. Puree until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Press peach mixture through a sieve over a large bowl, reserving liquid. Discard the peach solids. Stir in lemon juice.
When ready to serve, add 1/2 cup ice to the glasses, and pour peach lemonade into the glasses. Garnish with peach wedges and mint.
Recipe courtesy of myrecipes.com
How much better would all these taste in one of our adorable new Monogrammed Acrylic Cups?!?!?!?
Sip, Sing, Swing by marleylilly on Polyvore
Enjoy these amazing sips...cause we will be!!!
Keep Calm and Monogram On
Written by: Katie